Washington, D.C. Location
Washington, DC 20015
Princeton, NJ Location
Princeton, NJ 08540
Attorney – Intellectual Property (IP)
McNeely, Hare & War LLP is an Intellectual Property (IP) law firm focusing on patent, trademark, and copyright law. We are seeking an experienced Attorney (IP) for our Princeton, NJ office. Individual will join the firm’s Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology department, representing clients in patent prosecution and litigation including the fields of pharmaceuticals (including drug development), nutraceuticals, biologics and biosimilars.
- Perform legal research, prior art search, and file history analysis concerning infringement and validity of patents.
- Draft and provide legal opinions to Firm’s clients on patent non-infringement and invalidity, including pharmaceutical drug products, as well as biochemical, biotechnology and polymer products.
- Perform legal and technical research for strategy on designing around third-party patents.
- Perform patent due diligence, and draft and provide patentability and freedom to operate opinions to Firm’s clients for therapeutic small molecules, biochemical and biotechnology products.
- Perform legal and technical research for defense of patent infringement suits, patent invalidity suits, and to support and defend patent infringement actions.
- Draft complaints, pleadings, motions, and briefs for patent litigation.
- Prepare discovery requests, responses and other discovery communications.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications related to pharmaceuticals, drug development and screening, nutraceuticals, biologics, biosimilars and medical devices.
- Represent clients and appear before the US Patent & Trademark Office for appeals, patent prosecution, inter partes, and post grant review proceedings.
- Provide guidance and instructions to associates in other jurisdictions related to patent prosecution.
This position does not supervise any other personnel.
Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school, and admission to practice law in the State of New Jersey. Must also be qualified to appear before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO). Position also requires a PhD in Chemistry, including organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, biochemistry or related field. Must have at least three (3) years of experience in patent prosecution and litigation in pharmaceuticals, chemicals and biochemicals.
- Job Site: Princeton, NJ
- No travel; no telecommuting.
- Mail resumes to: ATTN: Bill Hare, McNeely, Hare & War, LLP, 12 Roszel Road, Suite C104, Princeton, New Jersey 08540
- No calls or emails. EOE.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship